Junior Firefighter Camp
June 22-27, 2013
State Fire Academy
WVU Jackson’s Mill State 4-H Camp
Make plans to join us for the 2013 camp!The Junior Firefighter Camp provides classroom and practical training to further participants’ knowledge, skills, and abilities in firefighting and emergency operations for certification in NFPA 1001, Standard on Firefighter Professional Qualifications.
Registration Deadline: June 12, 2013
Ages: 14 – 17
Price: $295 (Includes meals, lodging, and six required camp t-shirts)
Scholarship Availability: Scholarships will be offered to a select few who qualify. Please contact the WVU Fire Service Extension 304-269-0875 for details.
Goals of this camp include:
- Allowing youth to gain insight and interest in becoming long term members of emergency services.
- Increasing awareness among youth about volunteering and supporting the fire and emergency services.
- Providing departments with additional help in accomplishing non-firefighting or non-emergency tasks.
- Developing leadership for America’s youth, who are tomorrow’s leaders.
- Educating parents and mentors on the importance of encouraging volunteerism.
Some instructional topics to be covered include:
- Hoseline Operations
- Fireground Operations
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Ground and Aerial Ladders
- Leadership and Team-Building
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Vehicle Fires
- Vehicle Extrication
- Special Operations
- Fire Apparatus
- Forcible Entry
- Live Fire Training
- Urban/Rural Water Supply
- Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting
- NFPA 1971 Compliant Turnout Gear (consist of a helmet, hood, coat, pants, gloves, boots);
- NFPA 1981 Compliant SCBA with facepiece;
- Cotton clothing including pants, shorts and t-shirts.
Junior Firefighter Camp Documents
- Junior Firefighter REGISTRATION
- Junior Firefighter HEALTH FORM
- Junior Firefighter MEDIA RELEASE
- Junior Firefighter RULES
- Junior Firefighter Brochure
Mail all forms and payment to:
WVU Fire Service Extension
Junior Fire Fighter Camp
2600 Old Mill Rd
Weston, WV 26452