Aircraft Rescue FirefightingThe Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) training program is an intense hands-on class requiring participants to expose themselves to live fire exercises in very realistic situations. Training is offered for municipal airport firefighters and other fire departments in the region.
- Experience live fire exercises.
- Extinguish a simulated wheel, engine, cabin and a large 1350 sq/ft pit fire.
- Experience high heat and smoke filled environments.
- Learn shut down procedures for simulated shut down in cockpit of aircraft.
- Operate throttles, fire bottles, and battery maneuvers.
WVU Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Training
- Complies with FAA Part 139.
- Available nationwide.
- Available for disaster drills.
- Available for tactical law enforcement training.